Service Manager, Hastings
- We keep farmers moving
- Delivering exceptional solutions for every customer, every time
- Chance to work in a great team environment
When it comes to farm machinery, we’ve been the beating heart of rural New Zealand for 70 years. Norwood Farm Machinery Centre are proud to supply the world’s most trusted farm machinery brands, along with expertly trained staff to keep farmers moving when it matters most.
Our Hastings branch is currently recruiting for a service manager position and we’re on the hunt for people with drive and ambition, a great sense of humour, and ability to work in a dynamic environment where team work and communication are paramount. Ours is not a 8-5 industry, but it is one with loads of great people and plenty of opportunities.
We’re seeking a person with great people, communication and computer skills. Tractor/machinery and stock control knowledge, and an ability to think outside the square. With responsibility for managing the flow of our busy service department, this position oversees the progress of work in the workshop adding an important leadership role to the branch. It will involve leading a small team of service technicians. You will schedule and allocate work to your team, liaise with customers and other departments, manage inventory control, warranty and market our business.
To bring strength to the role you will ideally you will be experienced with diesel equipment and team management, have excellent organizational skills and have a genuine willingness to provide solutions to our customers.
We are seeking:
- A relevant trade qualification
- A full driver’s license
- Excellent people management skills
- Knowledge of diesel engine structures and fuel systems
- Familiarity with hydraulic and electronic systems
- Intermediate computer skills with a positive, can do attitude
- The ability to embrace change and a willingness to learn new skills
We can offer you:
- Competitive remuneration, with free medical insurance
- Job security
- Multiple career pathway options in a global industry
- A company vehicle
- A company that encourages new ways of working
- The opportunity to share and grow your knowledge
C B Norwood Distributors Limited is a leading tractor and machinery distribution group and represents a portfolio of global brands through separate operating divisions throughout New Zealand. Norwood showcases three national dealer networks which include 18 company owned retail farm machinery centres.
The Hastings branch covers the central Hawkes Bay region. The branch is home to a range of top agricultural brands including New Holland, Kubota, Braud, Vaderstad, Horsch and Lemken. Our service team is fully supported by our dedicated technical support team, ongoing training, and parts availability as we have the biggest agricultural parts warehouse in New Zealand.
Norwoods can help you to build an enjoyable and rewarding career – call us today if you’re interested in being part of the team.